FR at Net Curtains Direct
As specialists in sheer curtains, we have a wide range of fire retardant net curtains and voiles, which you can find here.
We've compiled a simple guide the FR standards below, but if you have any questions please feel free to contact our commercial team on email@example.com
- FR - simply means the fabric is Fire Retardant, normally as a result of adding a coating to the fabric after production. FR fabrics can usually be washed up to 5 times before they lose their FR qualities.
- IFR - indicates Inherently Fire Retardant fabrics. This means the yarn has been created to be fire retardant. These fabrics stay fire retardant for many more washes than FR.
- BS5867 Pt 2 Type B - is the first of 2 classes of FR fabric that meet British standards for commercial environments. Type B fabrics are suitable for public buildings and offices. The standard specifies how a fabric burns to minimise how a fire spreads in a building.
- BS5867 Pt Type C - is the second higher class of FR fabric for British standards. It's required for hospitals and schools.
- IMO Res A 563 (14) - is an international FR standard that applies to any maritime vessel, where a very high level is needed when specifying FR fabrics.